Blogs > Community Commentary

Featuring the Morning Sun's community editorial board . . .

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ISN’T THIS COMMON SENSE?

ISN’T THIS COMMON SENSE ?

As I was driving through town, I found myself in back of an older model automobile that obviously had a wheel problem. The back left tire was “slanted” and looked about to fall off! (It didn’t while I was behind it!)

It got me to thinking (folks who know me say that alone is a novelty) that we should be more careful before we drive our cars. Airplane pilots go through a regimented routine before even attempting to fly their aircraft into the air. I believe they call it a “pre-flight”.

Statistics tell us that automobiles are involved in MANY MORE accidents than airplanes.
So, before we climb into that car for our next trip, why not at least do a “walk-a-round” a “pre-drive” to check for obvious problems. It could save some real headaches!

Bert

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Seems to me that we were taught to do just that, at least in "the old days" when I took driver's training. Walk around the car, check for flat tires and fluid leaks on the ground...I thought that was pretty much a given. But thanks for the reminder.

April 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home