Blogs > Community Commentary

Featuring the Morning Sun's community editorial board . . .

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

OUR GOVERNMENT REALLY SPENDS MONEY!

OUR GOVERNMENT REALLY SPENDS MONEY!

I am just amazed at the cost of government at all levels. One example is our national census which is currently underway. Ask yourself, just how many tax dollars are wasted on those “sophisticated” TV ads that they have been and are still running. The “clip” at the end says they are being paid by the government!

And here in our great state of Michigan, they have passed a law that prohibits smoking in public places (at least most of them).

Now I’m a non-smoker so I don’t have a horse in this race. But I keep reading and hearing that the government folks are worried about “funding” for this new law. I know I’m guilty of oversimplification but what’s to pay for? The law says NO SMOKING – so we can’t smoke. Other than the appropriate signs, where are the new expenses?

Bert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home