Blogs > Community Commentary

Featuring the Morning Sun's community editorial board . . .

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NOW THAT'S A BARGAIN

These are stressful economic times. Everyone watches for a penny's difference per gallon for gas. Well, this afternoon I got mt hair cut at Bob's Barbershop at 211 East Michigan Street as usual. I like an eighth-inch butch and settled back. Bill Cook, the owner buzzed and gave me a rundown of downtown happenings per usual.

A standard haircut at Bob's is $11, about as low a price as you can find in MP, so I gave him $20 and waited for change: he gave me $15 back! He, Nate Darrow, and Brian Walton will cut a butch (you name the length) for a flat $5. I couldn't believe it.

Bill suggested at that price people will come in more often. I think he's on to something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home