Blogs > Community Commentary

Featuring the Morning Sun's community editorial board . . .

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pleasant Homes

My wife, Nedra, and I grew up in New England. One of the reasons we settled in Mt. Pleasant was that there were so many houses reflecting the grace and stance of many homes here. From time to time I shall provide you with more images.

Here are three as a starter. I don't claim to be an architect; I don't know a gable from a cornice. The houses I like, however have character. They say something about the people who live in them. In some cases there will be a feature which appeals to me. That doesn't mean that a house I photograph is superior or inferior, beautiful or ugly. I just like it.

I won't identify where the houses are, though a few pictures have road signs. They are scattered through the Mt. Pleasant area.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Idea to take pictures of local homes where they can be remembered for all posterity. I find the old pictures of homes in our beautiful city fascinating to compare with today's pictures. Someday future generations will look at your pictures with the same wonderment.
Thank you!

October 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home