Blogs > Community Commentary

Featuring the Morning Sun's community editorial board . . .

Thursday, April 8, 2010

TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG?!?!

To blog or not to blog – that is the question.
I have never been a big fan of blogs, blogings, or bloggers! (Probably all of these terms are incorrect!)
The source, WIKIPEDIA, says that “blog” is simply a contraction of the term “web-log”. It is estimated that there are over 12,000,000 blogs on the world wide web at this point – so maybe one more.
Most of the blogs I have read are by folks that are really involved in politics (“left and right”) and very opinionated. So – that’s not where I want to be!
If you read (follow) my blogs I hope you will take them with a grain of salt – not too serious will most of them be – but if I get my dander up, I can “get hot”!
I may mention the happenings in and around Alma town. Such as the where-abouts and activities of the famed Alma City street sweeper! When and how the city acquired a brand new (from it’s appearance) garbage truck which is apparently being used to pick up our yard waste. Maybe a comment questioning just how many dial-a-ride buses a town of Alma’s size should have.
I may pick on the spending habits of our city council during these tough economic times. And, due to the fact that I have a propensity for rhyming things, I just may ignore things that are happening anywhere and give you a few of my poems(????). (I do have a lot of them)!
So, if you do decide to read “my blogs” from time to time, don’t be too hard on me. Comments are welcome, but I really hope what I put in here will brighten your day – at least a little bit. Heaven knows, we have enough “not-positive” things to face each day.

Bert.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Marvin said...

I too, am not a huge fan of blogs for many of the reasons you mentioned Bert. I had tried numerous times to get into conversations with bloggers and find that they only want to talk and rarely listen and mostly ignore other comments.

I attribute these problems with that fact that they are starngers who have no social need to even try to understand opposing points of view.

My hope is that with those limitations gone from this blog - we all know and respect each other - this will not be a typically negative and rude blog.

I also look forward to hearing your your rhyming Bert! I wasn't aware that you were a poet, but your feet do show-it! ;-)

April 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home